WF-9942 Flux - 5 Gallon Alcohol-based ORL1 J-STD-004
WF-9942 is a highly active no-clean wave solder flux designed for use with through-hole and mixed-technology assemblies. It has been effectively used in both tin-lead and lead-free soldering operations. WF-9942 is a second generation no-clean flux designed to meet the requirements of J-STD-004. Although not specifically designed for lead-free soldering (third generation no-clean) or to the requirements of the later J-STD-004B (fourth generation no-clean), WF-9942 has been successfully and reliably used to assemble millions of circuit boards for the last 15 years.
WF-9942 exhibits very good SIR and ECM results when tested to the J-STD-004 and Telcordia GR-78 requirements. A rosin-free fourth generation product comparable to the WF-9942 is Indium Corporation’s WF-9958.
• Passes J-STD-004 SIR and ECM requirements for ORL0 and passes Telcordia GR-78 SIR requirements
• Very low solder balling
• Wide process window for soldering larger and/or thick circuit boards
• Can be applied by foam or spray fluxing
• Tested for use with all common lead-free and tin-lead alloys, including SAC305, SAC105, SAC0307, silver-free tin-copper plus additive alloys, such as Indium Corporation’s Sn995, 96.5Sn/3.5Ag, 63Sn/37Pb, 60Sn/40Pb, and many others
• Tested compatibility with Hot Air Leveled (HASL), Immersion Silver, Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold (ENIG), and Organically Solder Preserved (OSP) copper surfaces
• Rosin-free for enhanced pin probe testability
Specific Gravity @ 25ºC (77º)F: 0.828
Specific Gravity @ 15.5ºC (60º)F: 0.833
Acid Value (mgKOH/g flux): 36
Solids Content: 4.37%
Flash Point (ºF TCC): 54
J-STD-004A Flux Type: ORL0